CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - week of 05/18 - 05/24/09



We are back on the meal planning wagon this week - and I'm so happy to have our plans set! This week, we have two activity days so we planned our meals accordingly. I'm also excited to try out a new recipe on Tuesday which I think will be a huge hit with my kids. I'm going to have one of my older kids (probably my 8 year old) help out with this one as it is assembling a lot of pre-cooked ingredients. I like allowing my children the opportunity to be in charge of meal time when I can to help their self-sufficiency. My 8 year old in particular LOVES to be in charge in the kitchen - and this will add a recipe to his personal food arsenal!






Wednesday - appointment day - BBQ beef sandwiches using leftover roast from Monday - we'll add fresh vegetables and a pasta salad


Thursday - evening activities - Crockpot Pork Chalupa with rice and green salad


Friday - kid favorite - tater tot casserole with steamed vegetables


Saturday - we've been invited to a party so no planning - we'll eat leftovers if plans change



Sunday - oven roasted turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables and homemade rolls


I'm excited to free up some freezer space by cooking a turkey this weekend! Thanks for stopping by! Stop by later in the week for new meal suggestions using current grocery ads! And, be sure to check out hundreds of other great menu plans for this week at Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

Leah Courtney said...

I love the name: Chicken in a Pan with a Tan. It looks yummy too!

One Thrifty Mamma said...

I couldn't resist adding the recipe to our meal plan when I saw it on Marie's blog! It looks so good and sounds nice and easy for my "big kids" to make for family dinner. :) And, like you, I love the name!!!! I think that will make it a kid hit by itself!